Kim Wall: Divers find arm thought to be from beheaded journalist

An arm found in the sea near Copenhagen may belong to beheaded journalist Kim Wall, Danish police have said.

Divers found the arm near the route which had been searched in connection with the ongoing investigation into her death after she took a submarine ride with the vessel’s Danish inventor in August, officers said.

Coroners will examine the limb on Wednesday to determine who it came from.

Police spokesman Jens Moller Jensen said: “We have not yet determined if this is a right or left arm or who the arm belongs to.

“But we are working from a perspective that it stems from the submarine case.”

:: Decapitated head of journalist Kim Wall found after submarine disappearance

This photo shows allegedly Swedish journalist Kim Wall standing in the tower of the private submarine 'UC3 Nautilus' on August 10, 2017 in Copenhagen Harbor

Image:This photo allegedly shows Kim Wall standing in the tower of the private submarine ‘UC3 Nautilus’ in August

Freelance journalist Ms Wall went missing after Peter Madsen, the inventor and owner of the world’s largest private submarine, took her out to sea in August.

Days after, on 23 August, a headless female torso which washed ashore in Copenhagen was identified as the journalist.

Two months later police recovered her head and legs but her arms had not yet been located.

Madsen admitted he dismembered Ms Wall on board his 56ft (17 metre) vessel and dumped her body parts in the sea.

He still denies murdering her and a charge of sexual assault without intercourse.

The trial is set to take place in Copenhagen in March.

Advertisements

Kentish Town bomb: Street on lockdown after World War Two explosive discovered 

A leafy street in north London was evacuated on Tuesday morning after a World War Two bomb was discovered. 

Bartholomew Road: The north London street was evacuated after a suspected World War Two bomb was found

Bartholomew Road: The north London street was evacuated after a suspected World War Two bomb was found Google

The Kentish Town road was placed on lockdown while police investigated the object shortly after 8.10am.

Bartholomew Road was closed off as officers swooped on the scene. 

Witnesses described as many as six police cars arriving in the street. 

Ella Wilks-Harper, 23, a resident on the road, said: “As I was leaving my house to work at 8.30am a police officer rushed up to me and told me to evacuate my house.

“One end of Bartholomew Road was cordoned off. Other members of the police were ringing bells to try and get people out.”

https://d-15247563073892801456.ampproject.net/1510180045130/frame.htmlhttps://d-15247563073892801456.ampproject.net/1510180045130/frame.html

The police cordon has since been removed from the road.

A Met Police spokeswoman said: “We were called at 8.10am to an address in Bartholomew Road to reports of a World War Two ordnance.

“It has since been stood down.”

The spokeswoman added that the Met’s bomb specialists confirmed the finding was an unexploded bomb.

At least 4 dead after gunman ‘randomly picking targets’ shoots at California school and other locations, police say

At least 4 dead after gunman ‘randomly picking targets’ shoots at California school and other locations, police say

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/education/wp/2017/11/14/officials-say-at-least-3-dead-after-shooting-at-multiple-scenes-including-california-elementary-school/

A County Commissioner in Texas says he’s been told that more than 20 people were killed and more than 20 were wounded

1298003049538_ORIGINAL.jpg

SUTHERLAND SPRINGS, Texas — A man opened fire inside of a church in a small South Texas community on Sunday, killing multiple people and wounding others before being “taken down,” authorities said.

A County Commissioner in Texas says he’s been told that more than 20 people were killed and more than 20 were wounded in an attack at a church, though he says those figures haven’t been confirmed.

Albert Gamez, a Wilson County commissioner, made the comments to cable news outlets after the attack Sunday at a Baptist church in Sutherland Springs, a small community 30 miles southeast of San Antonio.

A sheriff says that a man walked into the church and started firing. Authorities say the attacker was later killed.

Wilson County Sheriff Joe Tackett on the casualties and that the shooter was now dead.

It was not immediately clear if the church was holding services at the time of the shooting.

A sheriff’s department dispatcher said everyone was at the scene and unavailable to comment.

KSAT showed video of several fire and police vehicles at the church and a photo of a helicopter arriving to transport victims to hospitals.

Sutherland Springs is 30 miles (48 kilometres) southeast of San Antonio.

Ontario Premier to reveal details Wednesday of city’s role in developing autonomous vehicles

1298003198868_ORIGINAL.jpg

Premier Kathleen Wynne will be in Stratford Wednesday for what’s being described as a “landmark announcement” about the city’s role in developing autonomous vehicles.

A self-driving vehicle is expected to drive around Stratford city hall and Market Square as part of the news conference that will be attended by politicians and academic and industry leaders.

The province announced in April that Stratford will be Ontario’s demonstration hub for autonomous vehicles.

Stratford is part of an $80 million autonomous vehicle innovation network revealed in the provincial budget.

Six centres will develop the technology for autonomous and “connected” vehicles — those with internet access — that will be tested in Stratford.

The city of Stratford, the Automotive Parts Manufacturer’s Association, Ontario Centres of Excellence and Invest Stratford will join the premier in announcing the initiative.

Local companies will display technology for connected and autonomous vehicles at the news conference.